免費論壇 繁體 | 簡體
Sclub交友聊天~加入聊天室當版主
分享
返回列表 發帖

不要愛世界? [翻譯]

本帖最後由 小火車 於 2016-5-1 11:21 編輯

In 1 John chapter 2, there is a very important scripture with regard to the believers. It’s in verse 15 that he says, ‘do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him. All that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who doe the will of God lives forever.

約翰一書第2章提到一件對信徒非常重要的事。在15節,這裡說:「不要愛世界和世界上的事,人若愛世界,愛父的心就不在他裡面了。因為,凡世界上的事,就像肉體的情慾、眼目的情慾、並今生的驕傲,都不是從父來,乃是從世界來的。這世界和其上的情慾都要過去,惟獨遵行神旨意,是永遠常存。」

Now, what does it mean to love the world? Well, first of all we need to define what the world is. The world has to do with all that stands contrary to the revealed will of God. Also it says that the world is passing away. So, there is a way in which we can also add an extra definition, but we have to be very, very careful, and that is this the world is also something that is temporal. Now, so the world is, first of all, that which is contrary to the will of God. And secondly, it has the aspect of temporal. Now, so in order to know what ‘the world’ is, we need to study the Scriptures. And we need to find those things which God is against. Those ideas, those attitudes, those actions, and those words that are simply opposed to the God’s Scripture. That’s one aspect of ‘the world’.

甚麼是愛世界呢?首先,我們要瞭解何謂「世界」。「世界」就是一些違反神已顯明的旨意的事。另外,這裡說「世界」是會過去的,這也給我們進一步瞭解「世界」的定義──「世界」是一些短暫的事,但我們要極度小心地去理解這意思。首先,「世界」是違反神旨意的;第二,「世界」是短暫的。若我們要知道「世界」的意思,我們必須從聖經裡找定義,也要知道哪些事是違反神的旨意。那些反聖經的意念、態度、行為或言語等等,都是屬於「世界」。

Now there are some people that are very serious about walking with the Lord, and I praise God for them. And they look at Scripture and they say, ‘God is against this – I’m not going to do it. God is against that – I’m not going to do it.’ And that’s good! But then they also get to this aspect of this thing is passing away so it must be worldly. And that’s a little bit dangerous. Why? There are many things that are passing away. They are not necessarily evil. Let me give an example: my body is passing away. That doesn’t make it evil. The sunset I saw this morning is passing away. That doesn’t necessarily make it evil. Even my marriage, with my lovely wife, is passing away. But that doesn’t make it outside of or opposed to the will of God.

我認識有些人,他們很重視與神同行的道路,我為他們感謝神。他們愛翻查聖經,然後說:「這件事神不喜悅,所以我不作;那件事神不喜悅,所以我不作。」這本是很美好的事啊!但漸漸地,他們把所有會過去的事情都視為「世界」,這樣就產生危機了。為什麼?因為有很多事情都會過去的。但這不代表是邪惡。舉例說:我的身體會過去的,但不代表它就是邪惡;剛才我看到的日落也是會過去的,但不代表它是邪惡;甚至我的婚姻,我那個可愛的妻子,她都是會過去的,但這不代表這些事是在神旨意以外的,或是違反神旨意的。

It seems like there’s two extremes in the Christian life. You know what I mean. Someone who does not take the commands of God seriously, and is simply just living continuously like an unbeliever. There is a person who takes God’s commandments seriously but becomes monkish, becomes separated from life and becomes separated from many of the things that are manifestation of God’s common grace in this world.

很多時基督徒都活在兩個極端(你懂的)。有些人,他們不看重神的訓詞,所作所行和不信者沒甚麼兩樣。但有些人卻過度看神的訓詞,然後變成修道士似的,過一個避世的生活,企圖脫離世上許多的事物,就是神在這世界所賜下的普遍恩惠的事物也脫離了。

A holy man isn’t someone who just goes to church, isn’t someone who just reads his bible, or just prays. A holy man is a person involved actively in relationships, is someone that can look at all the grace that God has given us in this life, whether it’s marriage and children or friends, or even food, or creation. So many experiences that God has given us that are manifestation of His grace and so many people deny those things. They’re opposed to them, they hate them but actually, they are good gifts of God.

聖潔的人,不是一個只會到教會、只會讀聖經,或只會禱告的人。聖潔的人,是一個活躍於關係的人,能在任何事物,無論是婚姻子女,或者是朋友,或者是美食,在一切的創造上,都能看見神的恩典。這世上,神給人多姿多采的體驗,都是要彰顯神的恩典。可惜很多人都予以否定,並反對這些享受,甚至憎惡這些享受,誰不知它們都是神所賜給人的禮物。

One of the things that I would say is that if you’re just like the unbelieving world, you’re in trouble: you’re worldly. On the other hand, if your desire to obey God has just separated you from almost everything in life, even the good things, and it’s gradually taking more and more of your joy away and making you severe and loveless and critical, then you’ve got a problem on the other side. The Christian is someone who is not bound by things, not even bound by the good things of God, and yet, at the same time, knows how to enjoy them and delight in them

當然,如果你和不信的世界沒有甚麼分別,你就有禍了,因為你是屬世界的。但另一方面,如果你對神的渴求導致你要離開世上所有的事物,甚至是一些好的事物,並且導致你的喜樂漸漸失去,使你變得嚴苛、沒愛心和諸多批評,你同樣出了問題。基督徒不是一些受事物捆綁的人,更何況那些神所看為好的事?反而,基督徒應更懂享受神所賜的事物,能樂在其中。

One of the things that I’m so worried about, often, because of the way I preach sometimes, there is a need point out sin, but you need to realize that which is life is not sin. There’re so much good in this world, so many things to enjoy. I’m overwhelmed at the goodness of God. One time, years and years ago, someone told me this and I’ll never forget it. They said, ‘Paul, God put leaves of tress. He didn’t put religious tracts on trees!’ And what they were trying to teach me was this, ‘Paul, just because it doesn’t have the title of being religious or even Christian, that doesn’t make it evil.’ And I’ve taken that hard, because I see that it’s biblical. I enjoy my friends. I enjoy even my interaction with many, many lost people that I want to win to the Lord, the times that I’ve had with them, the conversations, even the laughter that I’ve had with them. I enjoy nature. I enjoy hiking and kayaking. I enjoy laughter. And, you know I make it in trouble on this one, I enjoy grabbing my wife in the kitchen and doing a dance through the living room, as my children are all applauding, and laughing.

我在講道中時常提到罪,因這是必須的,但這也多次使我擔心,恐怕你們以為生活就是罪啊!不要以為生活就是罪,世上有太多好東西了,太多事情我們可以享受了,我對神所賜的美物充滿讚嘆。我永不會忘記多年前一位朋友對我說:「Paul,神把葉子放在樹上,而不是把宗教冊子放在樹上啊!」他要跟我說的是,即使一些事情沒有放上基督教的名號,並不等於它們是邪惡的。我把這話銘記在心,因為這很合乎聖經。我很喜歡我的朋友,我甚至喜歡和很多不信的人交往,因為這樣才能為主贏得他們。我很喜歡和他們談天說地的時間,甚至喜歡和他們一起講笑話。我喜歡大自然、喜歡遠足、風帆、喜歡笑話。還有,我喜歡和我妻子跳舞,由廚房跳到客廳,然後我的孩子哄堂大笑。

One of the things also if you’re a parent, I want to say this, you know there are so many evils out there for our children and we have to guard them from those things. But here’s something else, you need to replace those things with something good. If all you ever do is to take away the world from your children, but you do not allow them to experience the good graces that God has given us throughout this planet, then you are going to create either a religious hypocrite, or someone who will eventually turn away from the faith, or someone who is severe and loveless and legalistic, and we don’t need any of those things.

我要跟你們一些當父母的說,你們知道這世界有很多邪惡的事,我們也要保護孩子免受其害,但是,你們必須要告訴他們何謂好的事物。如果你只想把孩子抽離開世界,但又不許他們體驗神在世上所賜的恩典美好,你的孩子們將會成為假冒為善的人,甚至最終離開信仰,又或者變成嚴苛、沒愛心和律法主義的人,這都不是我們想看見的。

Godliness is not removing yourself to live on a farm, 40 acre of farm in Kansas, so that the world doesn’t touch you. Godliness is living on this planet, interacting with Christians and unbelievers, seeing all the wonderful things from prayer to Bible study, to fasting, to walking down a country lane, to poetry. It’s being to take in all these things and to appreciate them, while, at the same time, loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and seeing all these good gift come from Him.

敬虔不是要你離開塵世,歸園田居,以致世界不能觸碰你。敬虔是你仍然在世上過活,和基督徒與非信徒交往,由讀經靈修禱告,到在郊邊漫步,對任何事你都能發出讚嘆,並且盡心、盡性、盡意、盡力愛主你的神,認定一切美好事物都來自祂。

返回列表